MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Garden Harvest

Lots of goodies in the garden today---veggies and flowers.

 Today we picked some Zucchini and I made Zucchini Bars.  All week we have been having sauted Zuchs with onion, garlic--all out of the garden.. Garlic won 1st place at the fair..  so here we have Cabbage, Zuchinni, Onion and an apple and behind that some Cucumbers.
 I forgot to picture the beets.  Bob is making Borsch tonightHe is a wonderful cook.
 Here are some larger Zucchini--Plant a couple vines and you get tons of Zuchs
 One of my favorite containers. 
 We have a lot of Sunflowers
 Chocolate sunflowers among the gold
 Our Chickens are helping by laying nice large eggs.  We have so many we give them away.
The front garden is stuffed.

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

flowers, veggies and too many eggs! pretty sweet! :) my sis loves zuchs.

EG CameraGirl said...

I want to eat at your house! I love all the colours in your garden.

William Kendall said...

Looks like you're having a great year with the garden. The sunflowers here are finally in full bloom.

Lowell said...

Zounds, what a place you have! I've not seen any veggies like those for years! The ones in the store are merely pale imitations of these! And the flowers and the chickens ... and the eggs.

You've got the makings of a great "farmer's market."

Rose said...

A thoroughly enjoyable series of photos...love that planter. And the sunflowers.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Love all the photos. I like the giant zucchini - I cut them in quarters long ways - scoop out the seed then chop them in the food processor to make pickle relish - delish! Sometimes I quarter, de-seed and slice them up to make bread and butter pickles.

Congrats on the win at the fair! Ain't summer grand?

Betsy Banks Adams said...

OH Wow---your yard must be awesome. Love all of your flowers, especially the sunflowers.. Bet the finches love those sunflowers.

Your veggies look great too. You will be canning and will have lots of veggies throughout the winter...

Our weather the past few days has been nice also...
Hugs,
Betsy

Lady Di Tn said...

I would love to wander around in your yard and help you keep your figure by eating some of those neat veggies. Peace

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

My garden didn't do very well this year except for the onions and potatoes. Maybe I need to augment the soil in a different way come spring. I had lots of garlic last year, but this year it just kept dying off. - Margy

Gaelyn said...

Love your place! Am jealous about all the fresh vegies.

Hannah said...

Your vegetables look great! I have big zucchinis too, I make big pots of soup with ginger, turmeric, garlic and mushrooms. I'm going to make some cucumber soup too, blended and add spice, and sour cream or coconut milk. Your container garden looks fabulous, so varied and colorful. I live in sw Wa.