MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Eagle Watching for Wild Bird Wednesday

 He's peeking at me thinking I can't see him.
 He's just being majestic
 Ma and Pa
 Oops I cut off her head
This is The Eagle Tree on the Samish River. .Just a smattering--soon the tree will be full of beautiful raptors more as the months go by and then in March--poof--they will be gone.
While we do have many resident Eagles both Skagit and /Stilly Valleys are a wintering over home to Eagles from Northern Alaska and Canada.

Tocatch a glimps of more birds visit Stewart at  http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com/  and enjoy,
 

25 comments:

Rohrerbot said...

What views!!!! These are such amazing birds to spot out in the wild. They never pose perfectly for me like they do in your shots:)

George said...

It must be something to see that tree full of eagles. Your photos are absolutely marvelous.

Karen said...

What majestic looking birds! I have only seen one in my lifetime. Great captures!

Linda Reeder said...

Wonderful! I remember seeing a tree full of eagles in your valley one sunny winter day about two years ago. That's a sight you remember!

mick said...

Wow! All those majestic birds in one place - amazing!

Gaelyn said...

Always worth a trip to the river during winter to see the eagles decorating the trees. Thank you.

Unknown said...

Wow, how awesome! They're gorgeous birds.

cieldequimper said...

It had been a while! No chance of me seeing them but at least I have your wonderful shots!

Elaine said...

Lovely eagle photos! I didn't realize until a few years ago that so many overwintered in the Skagit Valley, and I really enjoy getting to see them when we're visiting there. And yes, we get them here in the summer, but usually I see them flying up high.

TexWisGirl said...

truly awesome! i have never seen one in the wild!

William Kendall said...

Gorgeous shots. They look so fierce and majestic.

I've never seen one in the wild, but I have seen golden eagles here.

Darcie (My Modern Country) said...

WOW! And to think I was so excited to see just ONE! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

gorgeous eagle photos

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

You always get such wonderful bird pictures. I thought of you when I saw a field of swans up by the Nooksack. I would have loved to stop and get a picture, but couldn't figure out an easy place to park. - Margy

Esther Joy said...

An eagle tree! How beautiful that would be to see in person! Great shots!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Hi Amazing birds adn wonderful shots.So many in 1 tree.

eileeninmd said...

The eagles are always a treat to see. And your Eagle tree is an awesome sight. Great photos.

LONDONLULU said...

That is incredible you have an entire tree! Love the shots, head or no:) They are magnificent looking creatures!

Rose said...

Oh, MB! If we were good blog buddies, I would be insanely jealous. Just love seeing these.

Anonymous said...

Now that's a lovely sight, so many eagles in one tree.

raf said...

Love to see all those baldies collecting there for the winter. Great series, MB!

Irma said...

Great to have so many eagles together in a tree.

Noushka said...

Oh my!
That is very impressive to see!
They are magnificent and proud birds, I wish I could get close to them one day!!
Thanks for sharing

Lady Di Tn said...

Just love these big birds. A few have been spotted near our Harpeth River and I hope we will soon have a flock of them. Peace

Ryan said...

Beautiful birds!!! That's something they all gather in that tree like that!