MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Trumpeter Swan are back

 Trumpeter Swan are all white with black bill and partial face and black legs.
How would you like these beauties in your back yard.  (All except for Lowell).

The beautiful Trumpeter Swan come from the far North to winter over in the Skagit and Stilly Valleys. 

10 comments:

eileeninmd said...

They are pretty, I wouldn't mind seeing them in my yard. Great shots!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow---they are gorgeous, Mary Beth... Like Eileen said: I wouldn't mind seeing them in my yard!!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Lowell said...

They are very pretty. But they have not only a black bill, etc., but a black heart! Don't turn your back on one!

Lowell said...

No, I haven't heard anything. A friend of one of my good friends lives there and said they had bombs/rockets hit just five blocks from their home.

What a mess. But Hamas has said they won't rest until Israel is driven from the fact of the earth.

tapirgal said...

You get such a wonderful variety and QUANTITY of large birds there. I've said it before, but I am always amazed.

Kim said...

What a treat! Thank you for sharing them with us. Now I long to hear them trumpet. Their heads/faces look so different from the few mute swans I have seen. You lucky. All the big birds love you up there! :-)
-Kim

Gaelyn said...

All except for swan poop. ;)

Sally in WA said...

That is one thing I miss about Stanwood. :-(

Elaine said...

Glad to see they made it back to the Skagit Valley. They are such a gorgeous bird.

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

How do the farmers feel about all the birds in their fields? Do you do any damage? - Margy