MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Monday, March 26, 2018

Mary Queen of Heaven

This beautiful church is in Sprague, Wa. which is in the eastern side of the state.
 The population is close to 500 hardy souls. The town was plotted in 1880 and named for former American Civil War Union general John Wilson Sprague. 

The Parish is part of the Catholic diocese of  rural Spokane, Wa

The parish Priest goes to 3 churches on Sunday
St. Michaels in Reardon, Wa.  Mass at 8:30

St. Annes in Medical Lake Mass at 10:30

Mary Queen of Heaven in Sprague Mass at 12:30


Coming down the highway you may see this


 We went to Sunday Mass there.  The inside and altar are just exquisite 



There are about 25 beautiful stained glass pictures on each side of the church


 Linking to Tom's Tuesday Treasures~~~~HERE

10 comments:

Tom said...

...I enjoy a church that can be seen from afar and this is a nice one.

ellen b said...

So happy to see a closeup of this church I think I can spot from I-90. Passed it twice in the last week! Wonderful photos!

Taken For Granted said...

A fine looking small town and an excellent church.

William Kendall said...

A beautiful church- especially inside.

Bill said...

Nice small town. The church is beautiful and the inside is gorgeous. I love those stained glass windows.

DougPhoto2009 said...

Great stained glass. Thanks for sharing.

Lowell said...

Holy moley! That is gorgeous. Actually, seriously, I've noted before that some rural Catholic churches can give some of the big city churches a real run for their money. And the Integra was a great car; a friend of mine had one. I don't understand why car companies do what they do sometimes

Nancy Chan said...

Its a beautiful church!

Jim said...

Great

Snaggle Tooth said...

Nice worship spot there. Alot of our buildings here are antique too, town was established in the 1700's. New England one of the first colonies. Where I live was a Wampanoag Camp 300 years back. We still have spiritualist churches here.