MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Friday, March 9, 2018

Critters

So we were cruising the Valley checking on the Daffodil fields looking for gold .  We did see one field with cracking color and we saw critters too

A farmer's field full of Mallards


 And in the sky

 An Eagle in the nest
 And it's mate guarding on the other side of the tree
                                                                       A Hawk
 And the first Evening Grosbeak I have seen this year
We will go back in the next few days because the forecast is for sun sun sun and that should pop these babies open.

Linking to Eileen's Saturday's Critters~~~~HERE

11 comments:

Joyful said...

That's a lot of ducks. I'm wondering if they are migrating. The close ups of the eagle and grosbeak are very nice.

Lowell said...

Those ain't trucks, those are ducks! i don't think I've even seen to many mallards in one place. Send 'em to Florida ... I like Mallards. And I'm patiently waiting for the daffs to spring to life in all their glory!

Lea said...

I have never seen that many Mallards all in one place!
Love seeing the Eagles, and the Grosbeak is beautiful
Have a wonderful weekend!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Wow, that is a lot of Mallards. Love the Eagles and nest. The Evening Grosbeak is a beautiful bird. Wonderful series of photos. Thank you so much for linking up your post. Our daffies are starting to show now too. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Tom said...

...make that fields of Canadian Geese and it would look like home.

Betty J. Crow said...

WOW! I have never seen so many mallards in one place before. Awesome. I hope you post pics of those flowers when you go back. I suspect they will be beautiful!

Breathtaking said...

Hello!:) Spectacular views of the Mallard filled fields. Just amazing!
I wonder what draws them to that particular field! The Eagles and Evening Grosbeak were good finds. The Grosbeak is beautiful. Signs of Spring are everywhere. My daffs are out!:)

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Enjoyed.

Hope the farmers enjoy the pest removal service those geese provide :]

A Colorful World said...

Incredible bird finds...and that grosbeak was a find of gold of a different sort! You reminded me I want to go see the daffodils this spring!

William Kendall said...

What a wealth of birds!

Linda Reeder said...

i love the grosbeak! Our daffys are popping open now in the sunshine!