MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Treasures at the Fair

These are permanent fixtures at the Stanwood Fair

Blacksmith shop.
 Little log cabin with windows added

 A cedar stump house.  This land was so covered with huge trees that the settles would temporarily live in a stump.  Hollowed out and with a roof it was quite snug----I imagine it was mostly bachelor loggers
Linking to Tom's Tuesday's Treasures~~~~~HERE

9 comments:

Tom said...

...WOW, the cedar stump house is amazing, that was a mighty big tree! A large White Pine around here may be about half that size. Thanks Mary Beth for stopping by, I hope to see you again.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Great ideas for housing - I am always inspired by what people did to house themselves in the early days. We've come a long ways, baby.

ellen b said...

Wow! Love that cedar stump house.

Marcia said...

Cedar stump house is huge! But what are the white marshmallow things next to the log house?

William Kendall said...

They're quite a sight!

Michelle said...

I love that cedar stump house and would love to have a little cabin on my farm. Nice!

The Furry Gnome said...

I can't believe that cedar stump house!

Rose said...

I would love to have any one of them in my backyard...but I bet Lorelei would want the last.

betty-NZ said...

How aweseom is that! I love that they are permanent.