MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Monday, November 17, 2014

Rubbish Tuesday

While this old house may only need a paint job and isn"t quite Rubbish--I thought somehow it fit.
And the poor barn is gone, gone, gone.
 Very pretty with Mt. Baker in the background watching over the old house.
I am linking to Rubbish by roan Here
This barn is next to a house built in 1905.  The barn may have been built then also but it caved in last year.  The house is well taken care of and still lived in.
I am linking to The Barn Collective Here

15 comments:

Tom said...

Sad to see such a large barn fall, beautiful country. Tom The Backroads Traveller

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

poor barn :(

TexWisGirl said...

sweet little homestead.

William Kendall said...

The poor barn looks forelorn.

A Colorful World said...

Very sad barn! The country house is nice.

CDH said...

Poor barn....the work and memories that went on in there....

Latane Barton said...

The lines in that photograph are so interesting. I hate it when things that once had a 'life of it's own' succumbs to time and nature.

Lowell said...

If that barn were used in a shooting contest, it wouldn't matter to me 'cause I've been told I can't the broad side of a barn door!

Do you suppose the shape the barn is in is due to a structural problem or is it because of a lack of proper upkeep?

Love the house and the entire property. Glad to know the house is still lived in; let's hope it doesn't do the barn-flop in the middle of some night in the near future!

Lady Di Tn said...

To get to see Mt. Baker so clearly is a true Blessing to all of yawl out there. Peace

LV said...

At least the house still stands. Houses need people in them or they really go down. Nice finds.

Anonymous said...

Sad to see the brans collapse like that. But that is a fabulous view of Mt Baker!

Judy said...

What a great old house! So much character! I wonder what is in that old barn, being taken back to the earth...

Nathalie H.D. said...

You'd want to give this lovely house a paint job but it's nice to know it's still lived in and taken care of. Too bad about the barn.

Roan said...

What a beautiful place to live. I hope someone gives that old house a little TLC to keep it standing. Poor old barn. I'm so sorry for not getting around sooner. It's been a sad week with a death in our family. Not much time for blogging.

Amy Burzese said...

Lovely place. I hate seeing the barn fallen. I wish it could have been used and taken care of. Thanks for sharing with The Barn Collective. I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I hope to get back on track this week.