I am uninspired today. We have had so much rain it is just gloomy around here. We did manage to get 7 big boxes of apples picked between showers the other day. And there are more out there. Apples for the taking---anyone?
Everything is still green out and the trees are still showing great color except where the rain and wind have taken care of the leaves.
It's so nasty out the dog won't even go out for his morning run and other duties.
So last night I made Salmon Chowder. Fresh Salmon and good to boot.
Just plain WET!
YUM!
Everything is still green out and the trees are still showing great color except where the rain and wind have taken care of the leaves.
It's so nasty out the dog won't even go out for his morning run and other duties.
So last night I made Salmon Chowder. Fresh Salmon and good to boot.
Just plain WET!
YUM!

8 comments:
Rainy days are a great day to settle on the couch with a check your brain at the door novel. Lucky you
would LOVE to go pick some apples!
I do love the foggy, rainy photo! It seems like it has been a good apple year all over.
The soup looks yummy!
Wet and disagreeable weather! We've had too much of it here.
It rained here last Monday and I grabbed my camera and went out to shoot some pictures. The light was great until the rain ended.
Funny/Strange how rainy days seem to come in spurts and when it rains, it seems to rain for days and days. I felt just like you did a couple of weeks ago when we had 8 inches in a week or two.....
Now --it's been warm here, but a huge cold front it coming through on Saturday and we'll have a low of 28 and a high of 44. AND--they are saying we 'may' have some snow showers... Welcome to Winter... Yipes!!!!
Your chowder looks and sounds awesome.
Hugs,
Betsy
I've been so busy trying to catch up from spending so much time on the deck during our great summer that I haven't had time to grow weary of the rain yet. Also, being from S.E. Alaska I am used to rain and rain and rain. But I do wish for the longer days again - dark before 6 is harder on me. And it will be dark before 5 this weekend - and so the year goes.
If I had a box of apples I'd make many batches of apple butter - we love it on our toast - with a hot cup of tea on the rainy days. The smell of apple butter cooking is such a wonderful autumn scent.
Love the rainy day photo - it is so typical. And oh - the salmon chowder - yummm.
I think it is time to start considering building an ark.
Post a Comment