MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Broken-down Barn

 This old barn is just down the road--well on the same road only around the corner from my house
A different angle in sepia.
The owners said they will leave it to nature.  

Linking to Rubbish Tuesday at Roan's HERE

16 comments:

Linda said...

I find this particular photo speaks volumes of it's past history. The roofline,and peek inside someones labor of love.. Hope some of the wild life can over winter inside.
Thanks for sharing as always :)
Linda

LV said...

It looks like a falling down barn. Such a shame no one either destroys or fixes it.

TexWisGirl said...

nature's winning.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

There are craftsmen out there right now drooling over the rights to those beams.

Tom said...

Nice frame of a barn! Tom The Backroads Traveller

Rose said...

Poor old barn! Sure has been a beauty, though. I would love to know how old it is.

Rose said...

MB, Amy is starting another barn meme...she is here: http://rosestreetreflections.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-barn-collective-link-up-for-barns.html

Lois said...

It has seen better days.

William Kendall said...

One or two good storms, and that'll be all she wrote.

betty-NZ said...

I hate to see buildings in this condition. I think the wood should be put to better use with its weathery look.

Ida said...

Wow that barn has seen better days. The roof in the 2nd photo is really tattered looking. I wonder if it's cheaper to leave it to nature then to just tear it down and start over.

Jim said...

A lot of flags there.

Roan said...

The roof looks delicate, like lace resting upon a rickety frame. Time has taken its toll on this gem. Thanks for sharing and linking up!

EG CameraGirl said...

I hope no kids get hurt playing around there!

Elaine said...

Ah, the poor dear. Nature is definitely taking its course.

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

Old barns still hold their charm. - Margy