MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Monday, December 12, 2011

My sweet Mother

My Mother left this earthly world Sunday Morning.  She was an intelligent, warm and sweet, do as I say Mother who loved everyone.  Funny and wise who, she said, had a wonderful long life.  She was 95 going on 16.  We decorated her house for Christmas on Thursday---she was happy. 
We love ya, Mother.  MB

Merry Christmas!!

20 comments:

Lady Di Tn said...

MB
You were so lucky to have her so long. I think getting to see everything decorated was a true joy for her. My heart goes out to you as only one who has lost their Mother too, many years ago. Peace be with You. Love and Prayers

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss, MB. She sounds like an amazing woman. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Magpie said...

I'm sending you blessings, but it seems you were already wonderfully blessed with a loving mother. That is so important. Hold tight your memories and she'll always be with you.

Lowell said...

I'm so sad for you. I know how much you loved her and how much energy you exerted making sure she lived her life to the fullest. From what you said, I always thought she was a wonderful woman. Can't imagine how hard this must be for you.

You'll be in our hearts in the difficult days ahead!

This is a very fine tribute to her!

Gaelyn said...

"95 going on 16", the best part about your Mother's life. Glad you had so many wonderful years together. My thoughts are with you. Hugs!

Lois said...

I'm so sorry MB. This is a beautiful picture of her. She had such a sweet smile! How wonderful that you had her for so many years.

tapirgal said...

You've made a beautiful tribute to a lovely woman. My thoughts are with you.

cieldequimper said...

Groan, I sent the e-mail before I saw your post. I'm sorry.

Yet she was happy and still in good shape, this is such a lovely Mother Christmas photo.

Thinking of you and kids.

George said...

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. I think your description, '95 going on 16' is priceless, and this is a wonderful tribute to her.We'll keep you and your family in our prayers.

wendyytb said...

It is never long enough, is it? Sorry for your loss...

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

I hope you have a lovely celebration of life. She would love that I'm sure. - Margy

brattcat said...

I'm so sorry to learn of the passing of your beautiful mother.

NitWit1 said...

A lovely tribute and my condolences on your loss. I lost my mother about the time of the year in the early '80s. She was very ill with brain cancer. Her birthday was DEC 24. I never fail to remember her this time of year.

It is wonderful you decorated her home for her. At least is is a small comfort she is with the Reason for the Season. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Linda Reeder said...

I'm so glad you sent me the email. I might not have found this post very soon.
Now we are both motherless daughters, but we did have a long time to enjoy being our mother's child.
Love and hugs to you.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

What a great photo of your Mom, Mary Beth... I truly didn't expect her to EVER die... She lived the kind of life I want to live---active to the end, good mind, happy, and then a quick death... We could all wish for her life, couldn't we????

God Bless You and your family. Glad you got her house decorated for her. She was a happy lady!!!!

So sorry... LOADS of HUGS and Prayers for you,
Betsy

Unknown said...

I am so sorry, MB. Please accept my condolences.

Elaine said...

My sympathies to you and your family, Mary Beth. No matter their age it's still hard to lose your mother. I know you will miss her, and my prayers are with you.

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm very sorry for your loss, MaryBeth. I'm glad she was happy to the end. What a blessing!

Rose said...

Oh, MB, I am so sorry for your loss.

Don and Krise said...

Hi MaryBeth. We're not on here that often, but I hopped on for a few minutes this evening and saw the news. Our sincere thoughts are with you. My Mother is 81, and I know that day will come all too soon. Just know that we'll say a little prayer for you tonight.

Don & Krise