MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Sunday, September 29, 2013

More Toppenish Murals again....

Ride 'em Cowboy!!

Rodeo recalls the early Toppenish round-ups when cowboys and ranchers would get together for a little friendly competition. Artist Newman Myrah of Portland, Oregon, illustrates the rodeo theme with his version of a timeworn poster with brick showing through. It is painted on the west wall of Ferguson's Saddlery at South Alder and West First. A photo of Myrah working on the mural has received widespread notoriety in local, regional, and national publications. He's pictured on a ladder in his straw hat, painting the mural. Myrah came back later and surprised the town by painting himself into the mural on a ladder doing his work. People now do a double take...Is it the artist?...Or is it a painting of the artist

To see more marvelous Murals from all over the world go to 
 http://oaklanddailyphoto.blogspot.fr/
and ENJOY!!

10 comments:

Gaelyn said...

What a great mural. Especially with the artist included.

TexWisGirl said...

i LOVE that he put himself there!!! awesome!!!

Halcyon said...

What a great find! Love the movement in this one. :)

Lady Di Tn said...

If I ever get out your way, I plan to put this town on my list to see. Peace

EG CameraGirl said...

I LOVE that he painted himself into the mural!

Lowell said...

This is just great. I had to look twice to confirm the painter was a painting! Love it! And ride 'em cowboy/cowgirl!

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

So cool. Even better than a signature at the bottom. - Margy

Oakland Daily Photo said...

It's so realistic you want to yell, "Watch out!" A fine mural in the trompe l'oeil tradition. And a fine homage to the area's cowboy culture. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

Elaine said...

Wonderful! The original mural is exceptional, but adding himself really makes it fantastic.

Unknown said...

Great poster. I like it!