I wonder if the house was built at the same time and if the barn had been kept up as well as the house if it would still be functional. That's what I wonder.
Nice shots. Boy, that looks in the middle of nowhere, though! Not many trees, either!
It looks like a goregous farmstead. I'm with Lowell - too bad the barn hasn't been kept as well as the house. But it's all a lot of hard work. If there aren't enough hands or hours in the day, I guess something' got to give.
Back to work today, I guess that's what I need to keep my mind busy but it's going to be hard after a sleepless night of turning things over in my head!
A fine series of this proud, old barn. I like the varied views. The side view is especially interesting with the sway back roof and the many windows. Overall is the huge size of this barn.
Beautiful countryside but what a contrast to see the lovely old barn falling to bits with an immaculate house right next door. The old barn would make a great studio if it is no longer used for cattle.
Your fairy is called Columbine Goblindancer She is a bringer of riches and wealth. She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows. She is only seen when the bees swarm and the crickets chirrup. She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.
18 comments:
That is a great barn and it must of worked well for the owners.
oh, that's a beauty of a farmstead!
This is a great old barn. I hope it gets some TLC before it collapses.
I wonder if the house was built at the same time and if the barn had been kept up as well as the house if it would still be functional. That's what I wonder.
Nice shots. Boy, that looks in the middle of nowhere, though! Not many trees, either!
Looks like the barn has seen better days..but it sure does sit in a gorgeous setting!
It looks like a goregous farmstead. I'm with Lowell - too bad the barn hasn't been kept as well as the house. But it's all a lot of hard work. If there aren't enough hands or hours in the day, I guess something' got to give.
This was a great beauty in its day! You'll have to go back and take a photo when the wheat grows up around it.
The house looks in good condition.
i love the side view - for all those details. great clouds. nice place!! ( :
I need to stop by more often - I miss so much when I have not been here for a few days!
Love that house! There is a white wooden fence in the yard - very interesting.
The barn is BIG. Wow ... Very, very big. Certainly is open country and will look much different in a few weeks when the wheat is up tall.
The homesteaders house you have from your Friday, April 19, post is extremely interesting, too.
As for the calves, I feel right at home seeing those guys!
Take care.
So sad to see such a beauty falling down. It must have been gorgeous in it's time. I like the house too.
Great, great find, MB! So very Eastern Washington in feel. Must be the wheat field and openness around it.
Lol, I missed that one! Thanks for everything MB.
Back to work today, I guess that's what I need to keep my mind busy but it's going to be hard after a sleepless night of turning things over in my head!
beautiful barn in a beautiful setting.
A fine series of this proud, old barn. I like the varied views. The side view is especially interesting with the sway back roof and the many windows. Overall is the huge size of this barn.
Love the area! The barn and house look so comfy in that setting.
Beautiful countryside but what a contrast to see the lovely old barn falling to bits with an immaculate house right next door. The old barn would make a great studio if it is no longer used for cattle.
Such a well cared for house. Too bad the barn won't last as long. - Margy
I so love this old barn...just wish it could be repaired.
Post a Comment