MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Valley is beginning to bloom.......

 The Skagit Valley is awash with color.  The Daffodil and Tulip blooming time there.  The Tulip blooms are just starting.
RoozenGaarde was established in 1985 by the Roozen family.The Roozen family business of growing Tulips, Daffodils and Irises is the largest in the world, covering Skagit Valley with more than 1000 acres of field blooms and 16 acres of greenhouses.

 Purple is pretty and will be prettier when the rows flower out more.
 Ornamental Cherry at Bob's house
 These guys need to fill out more and they will.
 Good ole Skunk Cabbage. 
 We have Tulips too and they are just starting to open up.  We planted 150 bulbs in the front garden.
 More red and I did it twice cuz they are so pretty.  haha

17 comments:

James said...

I'm usually not a big fan of flower photos but these are wonderful!

TexWisGirl said...

just incredible.

cieldequimper said...

:-) Would you believe it, it snowed here this morning. Now that is very unusual.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

So glad you planted your own tulips in your yard.... Awesome!!!!! Our tulips are anywhere near ready to bloom.. IF we finally get some warm weather next week, that will help.

I always wait every year to see your tulip pictures from Skagit Valley.... The Daff's are amazing... WOW---so many of them!!!! Can't wait to see the Tulips once they all open...

Hugs,
Betsy

Unknown said...

WOW! Magnificent! All shots are great, MB.

Rose said...

Oh, MB, these are just wonderful to look at!

Elaine said...

Beautiful! I am so jealous! We had considered a visit there this week, but too much happening here at home so didn't do it. Nice seeing your photos, although not quite as good as the real thing.....

We are starting to melt here, and have had temps up above freezing most days for the last week and staying above zero at night. The first Canada Geese arrived yesterday at Creamer's Field, so we'll soon be seeing lots more and some of those lovely Trumpeter Swans.

Russell said...

Wow, wow, wow ...!!!

These are definitely not pictures of Iowa or Kansas!! Incredible!

You are very fortunate to live close to fields like this!!

Enjoy!!!

George said...

I would love to be able to visit Skagit Valley this time of year. The colors are spectacular. Fortunately your photos are spectacular as well and I can enjoy them as a good substitute.

Gaelyn said...

Oh so love to see these fields of color. Brings back memories of PNW days. Very glad you are nearby to share.

Linda Reeder said...

I always hate to see the daffodils fade. But then there are the tulips!
Looks like I'll have to schedule my trip to the valley for sometime in the next two weeks.

Stewart M said...

Nice pictures - images of "industrial" production of flowers can produce some very interesting pictures.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne, Australia

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

You got some good tulip pictures already. Maybe we were just a few days too early, or a bit too high in the airplane to see them. - Margy

Gunn said...

It will take some time until we have flowers like this.. :)

Carole said...

I live in the Willamette Valley of Oregon, and it's tulip festival time here as well. Some day I hope to attend the one in the Skagit Valley. It's amazing to see acres and acres of tulips in bloom all at once.

Janice Thomson said...

Oh my - how very beautiful! Gorgeous pics MB

brattcat said...

a feast for the eye. thank you.