We are going to EW for the weekend. It is way different than Western washington. We have ALL the rain and they (some) irrigate to be green. Look at those basalt columns--cool huh.
Re your question: Yes. Or an anthropologist. Or an archaeologist.
What wonderful scenery in EW. But I hadn't heard that Moses made it all the way there. Maybe that's where the ark landed after the "Great Flood" and that's why nobody can find it. Maybe you can find it! Maybe!
Ooooh! I love that kind of terrain! I've not seen much of eastern WA and hope to get there soon. Nice shots! And I also love the eagle and herons. Thanks for stopping by Sequim Daily Photo!
I am so happy to be on this side of the rock pile. I love the geology over here and I'm not even a geologist. Those basalt columns are way cool, indeed!
Hello, My husband and I were both looking at your photos of Moses Coulee, and thought that we need to take a drive. It is such a beautiful area. Before we sold our bigger sailboat we had her moored on Banks Lake, there at the marina at Coulee City. We made that trip through Pinto Ridge and Summer Falls at least twice a month. Your photography is lovely and it is good to meet another Washington blogger. I am your newest follower and I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to follow me back (that is if you like my blog). Have a wonderful week. Your new blogging sister, Connie :)
Have fun and after looking at those photos, I for one will never complain about the few rocks we have around here. Those columns are a Wow factor. Peace
Your fairy is called Columbine Goblindancer She is a bringer of riches and wealth. She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows. She is only seen when the bees swarm and the crickets chirrup. She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.
17 comments:
Eastern Washington definitely has some beautiful land forms. I really like those basalt columns.
Re your question: Yes. Or an anthropologist. Or an archaeologist.
What wonderful scenery in EW. But I hadn't heard that Moses made it all the way there. Maybe that's where the ark landed after the "Great Flood" and that's why nobody can find it. Maybe you can find it! Maybe!
You get bare naked geology over there in EW. Who knows what's lurking under all of our vegetation here in WW.
such rough terrain! have fun!
WoW! Yes, Awesome =)
Amazing how two different parts of one state can be so different... Hope you have a great time!!!
Hugs,
Betsy
Ooooh! I love that kind of terrain! I've not seen much of eastern WA and hope to get there soon. Nice shots! And I also love the eagle and herons. Thanks for stopping by Sequim Daily Photo!
Great - being a geologist would rock!! (sorry!)
Nice pictures.
Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne
That columnar basalt is gorgeous and EW has an interesting geologic story for sure. Ever been to Dry Falls?
Amazing rock formations on the top shot! Fascinating.
Have driven along the the Washington rocks near Hood River. Some amazing patterns.
fantastic trio of shots.
Those basalt columns are cool! I love the photo of the abandoned farmstead. Would love to visit there.
Very cool, but I would not want to live below them. ;-)
I am so happy to be on this side of the rock pile. I love the geology over here and I'm not even a geologist. Those basalt columns are way cool, indeed!
Hello, My husband and I were both looking at your photos of Moses Coulee, and thought that we need to take a drive. It is such a beautiful area. Before we sold our bigger sailboat we had her moored on Banks Lake, there at the marina at Coulee City. We made that trip through Pinto Ridge and Summer Falls at least twice a month. Your photography is lovely and it is good to meet another Washington blogger. I am your newest follower and I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to follow me back (that is if you like my blog). Have a wonderful week.
Your new blogging sister, Connie :)
Have fun and after looking at those photos, I for one will never complain about the few rocks we have around here. Those columns are a Wow factor. Peace
Post a Comment