MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Room with a view

I am back.  I have been home since Thursday but thought I'd better settle in for a few days.
I wasn't going to say why I was away but you are my friends too so I thought I might as well.
I was at the hospital have a full knee replacement.  Only so I could climb Mt. Baker again.
I was operated on at 5:30PM on Monday and came home  or I was home by 1:30 in the afternoon on Thursday.  Now the hard work.  Therapy!!!  The nurses said I was very strong and I am very healthy so I should have no problem.  I think I am doing pretty good and Bob is cracking the whip on the therapy.  What a task master he is!!!
 This is looking North from Everett Wa, Where Providence Hosp. is and to the right of all pics is Mount Baker.  Only in these pics you can't see her because of a light cloud cover.  But it is there!!!

So anyway that's that!  MB

15 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Bless your heart.... I had no idea!!! Didn't even know you were having knee problems. BUT--I don't blame you for doing it...

You will do great after your therapy... Just work hard at it....

Bless Your Heart..
Hugs,
Betsy

Gaelyn said...

May you heal quickly and climb again.

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

Hope the recovery is quick so you can spend some nice summer days on the mountain. It has been a month now since my carpal tunnel surgery. Still healing, but I think it is on track. - Margy

Chuck Pefley said...

Hah! Coincidence or serendipity that I break my long hiatus and visit this afternoon. I do hope your mobility returns quickly. I'd love to hear about your experience, MB, as I'm probably facing the same procedure in the not too distant future. Knee pain getting in the way of daily living is horrendously inconvenient!!!

Chuck

Leenie said...

Welcome back. Glad you're time away was for something good--or at least will be good in the near future. Best wishes with that therapy. I'm looking forward to the post about your Mt. Baker hike.

George said...

It's good to have you back. I'm glad to hear that Bob is cracking the whip. I had to go through therapy many years ago to relearn how to walk, and a taskmaster is the best thing to have at times like that. I hope your therapy goes as well as mine did.

Anonymous said...

Glad your back and enjoying your views... Sorry I been so quiet these last couple weeks, I’ve been really ill (now finally diagnosed with Whooping Cough even though I was immunized) and have had another very rough week.

cieldequimper said...

Duh, sent you the email before I read this...

Elaine said...

Glad to hear you came through the surgery so well! I had one of my knees done about three years ago, and know you're in for some hard work on your rehab. Having someone crack the whip on your therapy is a good thing--my hubby was more than happy to do that for me. Work hard on it because it will make a huge difference, and the harder you work the sooner you'll be back to your normal activities. Hoping to see you up and about soon!

Lady Di Tn said...

Yeah for Bob!!!! You need to stay at those exercises because one day Mimi was not dressed for therapy(for hip replacement) and the nurse made her go in her sleep wear. Boy she was ready thereafter. You know southern ladies of her era should not come to breakfast unless properly attired. Wishing you a quick recovery. Peace

Magpie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Magpie said...

So glad that surgery went well and that you have a wonderful "nurse" and task master in Bob. You'll be climbing that mountain again before you know it. Blessings.

Nancy Jo said...

HI MB,
I know you said you were going away, but I didn't know you were getting a new knee. Usually if I go away I come home with a new plant or new outfit. But whatever.
So glad you have Bob to help you. Who is taking care of the critters? How many do you have now anyway?
Well TRY and do what the Doctor and Bob say to do, within reason.Just try veiwing the Mountain for now.
Keep me updated, and get well soon.
Your Pal
Nancy Jo

trump said...

Have yourself a very nice memorial day weekend folks. Richard

Birdman said...

Get Back!