MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Saturday, April 10, 2010

South Fork Skagit River Bridge at Conway

This is the bridge over the South Fork of the Skagit River at Conway. It takes you to Fir Island.

Two pictures were taken during a small winter flooding---lotsa rain causes high water---it goes down in a few days. One picture I took standing under the bridge.
All taken at the boat launch.
Fir Island is where I see the Snow Geese. Small island caused by a fork in the Skagit River. About a mile or so from the S. bridge is the North Fork bridge. MB

To see more Bridge pics or to participate join 'Louis' at http://bayphoto.blogspot.com/



21 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Three very nice shots here, I especially like the last one! Have a great Sunday!

Anonymous said...

The three shots are nice.

B SQUARED said...

A little more rain and the boat will launch itself.

Louis la Vache said...

Lotsa water, indeed!
Nice reflection in the last image.

«Louis» has the link to your bridge posted at San Francisco Bay Daily Photo now.

Lowell said...

Well, you have bridged the wet and the dry ... excellent photos. I like especially the shadow falling across number 3.

Re your comment on Ocala DP - I never drink unless it's sunny or cloudy, or raining.

George said...

The last picture with the reflection of the bridge on the water is really neat.

Chuck Pefley said...

Hah! I was just about to click on your blog when your comment came in. Talk about in-sync ... who is "Lois"? A horse perhaps?

I have to laugh at Jacob's comment!

The river looks high, again ...

Linda Reeder said...

Ah, that's where the snow geese are! Thanks.

Gaelyn said...

Nice shots of the swollen river.

Magpie said...

Great pics...love the calmness of the water in the last one.

Tracy said...

Love, LOVE water shots and reflections. These are nice.

Kim said...

How high's the water, mama. . .3 feet high and risin'. . .now I've got Johnny Cash singing in my brain :-). I love all three shots, and my fave is the 3rd.
Hope you are having a great Sunday. Was thinking of you yesterday--met a woman who helps disabled children learn to ride and has had amazing positive results particularly with autistic kids making huge strides in communication and just plain having fun! Horses and ponies are so wonderful.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I like all of your pictures, Mary Beth, but really like that last one--with the reflection.... Interesting how the flood waters come and go...

Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday.
Hugs,
Betsy

Unknown said...

I like the perspective and reflection on the bottom shot.

VP said...

A nice bridge on Sunday and even an excellent reflection.

James said...

Cool shots. I love that reflection.

Neva said...

you managed to get a lot in 3 shots.....well done!

Halcyon said...

Nice bridge. I especially like the last picture. Neat angle.

Lady Di Tn said...

The reflection shot is cool. Peace
BTW Did you find out about the missing nest?

EG CameraGirl said...

Well done, MB! I love photos with water in them.

Don and Krise said...

Love that reflection in the last shot.