MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Friday, April 9, 2010

Eagle nest---gone

A while back I showed you pictures of several Eagle nests not far from my home. I thought I would go check them out and I was shocked to find one totally gone. Well the tree was still standing but the nest is gone. It is in a wild life viewing area so I am going to call the Fish and Game people and see if they know what happened. We have had a few days of high winds but that nest has withstood all kinds of weather. I'll let you know what happens.
Here are the eagles and their nest taken not too long ago. MB

17 comments:

brattcat said...

Yes, please keep us informed.

Lowell said...

That's rather strange, for sure. Do you suspect someone took it down for nefarious reasons?

Louis la Vache said...

We'll be watching for the update!

Lois said...

Oh no! I wonder what happened.

Gaelyn said...

It does seem unusual for an entire eagle's nest to disappear, they are so Big. USFWS will probably know what's up.

Rose said...

I sure do wonder...it looks to me like it is in a place that would have been hard to blow down. I wonder if you will ever know what happened.

cieldequimper said...

Keep us posted...

VP said...

How strange, let us know what they say about this.

Linda Reeder said...

I will want to know what happened.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I wonder what happened to it? That's odd. I hope nobody got up there & took it!

Magpie said...

I would love to know what happened...but sometimes we just can't find out. That's frustrating. Glad you followed up.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh that is sad, Mary Beth... I hope nothing happened to the Eagles/babies/eggs, etc..... Please keep us posted.

I'm sad today also since I found out that the Chickadees have invaded the Bluebird Nestbox.

Hugs,
Betsy

Don and Krise said...

I hope you do find out. We'll be checking back.

George said...

It certainly seems strange that a nest would disappear completely. I hope you'll give us updates as you find out more about this. I like the pictures you shared.

Unknown said...

I always enjoy your nesting eagles shots very much!

EG CameraGirl said...

Yes, please keep us informed.

lizziviggi said...

Oh no!! I know eagles usually use the same tree over and over for years... I wonder if they'd come back to that tree even if their nest was gone?