MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Friday, January 29, 2021

Winter Visitors

 Skagit Valley is winter home for many different birds.  Some of these great birds are 1--Bald eagles although we have many year round residents. 2--Trumpeter Swans and 3.--Snow Geese.  they start showing up in the Fall around October.  The swans and Snow geese come from Siberia and Wrangle Island and the eagles from the  North too.

Snow Geese flying

Snow Geese filling up the field and I liked their reflection.  The estimated total count this year is 100,00 geese
This one looks like they are staring at me as I am taking their picture---I guess they are.  and for some reason I cannot enlarge this one.

This one cracks me up.  That one in front looks like he/she is squatting in a hole peeking out.

Trumpeter Swans winging their way away.  Going East actually
They just wander around--munching on grass and stuff.  They really like grazing in potato fields


And Eagle on a power pole
Here is a tree full of Eagles and a nest.  The most Eagles I counted in this tree was 47 but that was a few years back.  

Kinking up with Eileen's Saturday Critters~~~HERE

15 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello MB,

I would be happy seeing all these birds, the Snow Geese and Swans are beautiful. I always enjoy seeing the Bald Eagles. Great captures! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post! Take care, enjoy your weekend!

Shiju Sugunan said...

Lovely shots of birds in flight.

Mae Travels said...

The snow geese look beautiful, and it's always nice to see an eagle.

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Lea said...

Amazing!
Have a blessed day!

Breathtaking said...

Hello,:=) Spectacular images of all the geese, and the eagle. Lovely post!:=)

Bill said...

Great shots of the birds in flight. The eagle is keeping an eye on things.

Linda Reeder said...

It would be fun to visit the Skagit Valley and see all of the winter birds again, but it's hard to travel that far nowadays, without public restrooms. Maybe next year.

Rain said...

The geese photos are just amazing! So many of them! :)

William Kendall said...

The lone eagle is quite formidable.

Taken For Granted said...

We occasional see Snow Geese and Eagles, but the Trumpeter Swans are a real treat. What a rare bird. They almost went extinct.

ellen b. said...

So great to see all the snow geese and those majestic eagles! So cool.

Linda said...

I enjoyed seeing the huge flocks and of course, the bald eagle. Stay safe.

Rose said...

Wonderful photos, MB...love that eagle and that nest is huge!

Little Wandering Wren said...

What a wondrous sight 10,000 snow geese are, I always love seeing the birds of the world.
Have a wonderful weekend
Wren x

Magpie said...

I have missed seeing your beautiful pictures of birds. I'm going to be back checking in again no. If I remember right shouldn't there be tulips soon??