MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Outdoor Wednesday

Well the snow is gone and with that we will have days of rain---just Mother Nature's way of telling us we don't have snow our claim to fame is RAIN.  A lesson learned Mother a lesson learned!
So the gardens have been put to bed, the greenhouses closed and Glory be the chickens get to free range.  they love it
 The snow is gone and no more blue sky

 The chicks are out a-roaming
 Goodies everywhere

 The little green house has cutting and such

Linking to Outdoor Wednesday~~~~HERE

23 comments:

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

Do the chickens go back into the coop at night? I would think there would be critters out and about that might hurt them. - Margy

William Kendall said...

Pretty shots! I wonder what the chickens think when you photograph them.

Tom said...

...our snow is gone too!

Taken For Granted said...

I would trade snow for rain. I don't have to shovel rain.

Linda Reeder said...

I'm sure the chickens don't prefer snow.

Michelle said...

Your chickens are so sweet!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the views of your place. The chickens are cute, they must be happy to be able to roam free. Nice green house. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy weekend! I wish you and your family all the best in 2017 and a very Happy New Year!

Marleen said...

The chickens have lots of space that makes them a happy bunch :)
Happy New Year!

Lea said...

Fluffy chickens!
Happy New Year!

carol l mck said...

Love the free range chickens ~ delightful shots ~

Wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year ~ ^_^

Rose said...

Chichens are so photogenic...if I had those I would probably drive them crazy taking their pics.

A Colorful World said...

I know the snow was something special! :-) I love your beautiful place. The chickens are so sweet...can't wait to get my own, and also set up a greenhouse! We had a snow again this morning as we start the new year. The rain OR gets is mostly on the coast, to the west of the Cascades and we are to the east of them a bit. Hope you have a very blessed new year!

Andrea said...

They are all lovely scenes which i haven't experienced. But our chickens behave the same, hahaha! I am thinking if your chickens feel the cold too, as ours are always in warmer or hot climate.

Molly said...

we have not even had any snow but I live in hope that will change

Mollyxxx

Light and Voices said...

BEST to let the chickens FREE RANGE than to be inside stepping on one another like I see sometimes on farms while driving by. The poor things! I'm glad you let them be free range. The area you live in is absolutely beautiful. Enjoy the rest of the week. See you next time.

Hootin Anni said...

I've been told that chickens that roam free have better tasting eggs. Is that true?

Beautiful scenery where you live

Anu said...

Great series of photos. Have a nice weekend!

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Free roaming chickens lay the best eggs. and aren't yours pretty chickens too. Happy weekend!

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Nice shots of the free roaming chickens. Love the green house, sure wish I had one.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

I am sure the hens are pleased the snow has gone. Have a wonderful weekend

Cranberry Morning said...

I love the idea of free range chickens by day and coop secured chickens at night. My only reason for not having chickens is the thought of trudging through snow to the coop when it's -10 F.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Those are some happy and healthy chickens! Enjoy your weekend!

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Nice coop and chicken pics. Thanks for sharing.