MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Thursday, October 27, 2016

A Very Cool Shot

This place fascinates me.  It is sad and yet perfect.   I want to tell it's story but.....What is it?
 I love these images.  They  tell the story of a family, working hard, putting up fences, having a row of fruit trees
 Building a nice barn for the cows and maybe a horse or a pony, and of course a few barn cats
 Linking to GOOD FENCES~~~~~HERE

12 comments:

Tom said...

Life on the frontier!

Bill said...

I love the location, the hard work, and the tough winters that a person would have to put up with the live there. Great photos of a life on the frontier.

Lowell said...

Like you, such places are so interesting because I can't help but imagine the people who lived here and built this farm. So what happened to them? Love your photos - very dramatic.

Ida said...

I agree it's sad but also very picturesque. At one time it would have been very nice looking for sure.

LV said...

They must have a lot of different animals that had their own fenced area.

George said...

Your photos tell beautiful story -- no additional words needed.

William Kendall said...

What beautiful landscape shots!

TexWisGirl said...

it is certainly an awesome homestead!

Michelle said...

What a perfect, old homestead. If only the buildings could talk.

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

I would have loved to grow up on a farm. I missed it by one generation. My grandparents were farmers, they grew corn and beans to sell at the Los Angeles Farmer's Market. My grandfather also sharecropped hay in an area that is part of the urban sprawl and around where they discovered the La Brea Tar Pits. - Margy

Taken For Granted said...

Your photos do tell a sad tail of a family who failed to make a go of farming. Perhaps it is a story of financial problems, it usually is with an empty farm.

Breathtaking said...

Hello!:) Beautiful views, and much speculation about the homestead, I like your thoughts about it, and it does have it's fair share of fences. I wonder what really happened!!