MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Monday, April 9, 2012

Old Barn--New Gold for Barn Charm

 The fields of daffodils are ablaze in the valley.  Just waiting for the Tulips to bloom.  They are very late this year as they were last year because of the cold and wet spring.  I have pictured this barn before.a view from the otherside.  It was built in 1906 and is on the Historic Barns of Washington charter.  It is being retuned and won't look so old soon.  A new roof so far.

Tango your way over to Tricia's at www.bluffareadaily.blogspot.com and enjoy!!!

22 comments:

Elizabeth Edwards said...

oh, a field of daffy's ... love it. & such a big old plus with the barn. gorgeous!! i love your saying of "tango your way over to tricia's" ... cute! (:

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh my! So many beautiful tulips I almost didn't see the barn.

Yep, you're right that I'm only kidding. :)

Mari said...

What a pretty scene! Love that barn and the daffodils just make the scene!

Kim, USA said...

Wow I thought it's tulips. This is a very beautiful view.

Barn Charm

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

What a gorgeous setting!

Carol said...

Love this shot! That yellow field is popping!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

What a gorgeous photo of the barn and daffodils. I've never seen a field of daffodils.

TexWisGirl said...

that is SO pretty! :)

Gaelyn said...

I love to see the daffodils.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous shot, love the Skagit! When do they anticipate the tulips coming on??

Elaine said...

Fantastic shot! That's a great old barn. I think the Historic Barns of Washington is doing a good thing in helping the farmers with their old barns, and I like seeing the little plaques telling when each was built. Nice, too, to see so many of those old barns being fixed up. I enjoyed seeing the daffodil fields last year, and I don't know if they or the tulips are more spectacular. Either way April is a great time to visit the Skagit Valley.

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

Looks like a fancy big house behind it as well. Love those daffodils. - Margy

Pamela Gordon said...

Wow! What a colourful photo with that field of daffodils. That is a beautiful barn. Pamela

brattcat said...

wonderful. we almost feel as if we're floating over the field of daffs.

Anonymous said...

Oh so pretty, Mary Beth! LOVE VOLUMES OF FLOWERS! There's so many! LoL!
The new roof looks nice, but I love the look of an old barn... but WoW! anything looks gorgeous in a field of flowers, ya know?!

keep an eye on the progress, cuz I still wanna see it after it's been spiffied up! LoL!

Thanks for the tango over =)))

George said...

The daffodils are gorgeous -- truly a field of gold. It's interesting that tulips are late for you; they were very early for us. It's nice the barn is being restored.

Veronica said...

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!

Rose said...

That is a sight for sore eyes, MB. Just beautiful.

Magpie said...

Oh, the flowers!! I'm having a moment here. Excuse me. :)

Lowell said...

I can see the new roof. That will be a wonderful barn when renovated! Gorgeous pictures, MB! Warm and inviting.

Glad you had a good weekend and it sounds like the fun continues! Warm is gonna be the new norm it sounds like with our planet warming up more quickly than the scientists had thought.

We had the 4th warmest March on record and across the country all kinds of heat records were broken this past year. In March, temps in the lower 48 were 8.6 degrees above normal...One scientist said, "This is weird. This is not good."

It's really gonna be hot in Florida in the next decade.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

As much as I love seeing barns, I'm looking at all of those Daffodils in your photo today... Awesome!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Lady Di Tn said...

Because of our warm weather ours have come and gone . This is a very beautiful photo. Peace