MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Monday, May 2, 2011

Long distance for Barn Charm

I took this picture of MT. Hood early Sunday morning in Goldendale Washington.  Mt.Hood and Mt. Adams dominate the little town.  they are both beautiful.  Adams looks larger because it is in Washington, but Hood is in Oregon.  Pretty cool!!!


To see more charming barns get yourself over to Tricia's at:

19 comments:

VP said...

The mount catches the eye!
Thanks for the tip about my flowers!

brattcat said...

such a beautiful mountain.

joco said...

Well, Mary Beth, how can we in the uk compete? Such a phenomenal mountain backdrop.
I have trouble concentratin on your barn itself.
Please open your name and Url?
Pretty please?
My Open ID has upped and left.
1jo.co

Halcyon said...

I like the contrast of the peak-y mountain and the round-ish barn. Nice shot!

Kim, USA said...

Wow two mountains from two states that is indeed pretty cool!! Great shot!
Red Barn

Jan n Jer said...

Wow...what a view! Great shot!!!

Lowell said...

This is just yummy...love that morning light hitting both the barn and the mountain! Such serenity and loveliness!

You didn't take Ocala Macho with you! Good grief. What are you afraid of? He's a tough guy!

gigi said...

Look at the great view from that barn! Wonderful!

Judy said...

That is pretty cool about the mountains. The barn looks great next to them.

Anonymous said...

Nice composition on this one!

Lois said...

I can't take my eyes off that beautiful sky! Lovely shot of the barn and the mountain too.

Rose said...

I just love the lighting in this, MB.

Anonymous said...

A sight like that is what I wanna wake up to every morning.. Beautiful!!! =)

Thank you, MB!

Anymore unusual Washington weather out there?

Magpie said...

Like the rounded roof on this one.

cieldequimper said...

Ah yes, I remember suddenly seeing Mt Hood when driving on I84 from Pendleton towards Portland with the Columbia in the foreground. This ain't half bad either! :-)

EG CameraGirl said...

Interesting how the land seems so flat and then...a mountain!

Elaine said...

Very cool to see mountains in both Washington and Oregon.

ruralrevivalfarm said...

I wish we had one or two of those in my neck of the woods! Breathtaking!

Carole said...

I was going to say that I thought I recognized that mountain (I live in Oregon)! lol Neat barn.

I was too late to link to my photo (which was taken near the summit of Mt. Hood). It can be seen at my blog.

http://noteworthymusings.blogspot.com/2011/05/barn-charm-31.html