MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Whatcha sayin'?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~World Bird Wednesday

Went to whidbey Island to visit my Mother today.  I saw this Eagle on a pole by the road in Coupeville.  I was right under the pole and tried to get the eagle to turn his head so I could get a good picture.  He did this.  My he has a dirty face.  MB


http://www.pineriverreview.blogspot.com/  Is the place to go to see more birds--worldwide.

28 comments:

Princess said...

I think I hear a Tarzan yell...

Anonymous said...

I like the photography. The breast feathers are just about perfect in the shadows but here and there visible. I like the images.

Øyvind said...

nice shots!

EG CameraGirl said...

I think it's amazing that he just sat there and let you take photos! Washington eagles are much friendlier than Ontario ones!

Nancy Jo said...

Hi MB,
OK you win. I had a hawk in my tree the other day and all the other birds in the yard were have a fit. I don't usually see a hawk here. So OK an Eagle trumps a hawk.
We are good a warm here now, about time.
Nancy Jo

Gaelyn said...

These shots are Excellent. You seem to be getting a stink eye here.

Anonymous said...

Dirty face, dirty mouth? :-)

Magpie said...

Continuing with Tracy's thought..
Dirty mouth? Clean it up with Orbitz. :)
Actually, I was wondering what you were doing to try and get him to look at you.

Karoliina Urso said...

Maybe he just ate a real nasty dinner? Regardless - Great shots...and contrats for having special private moments with this special bird!

Lois said...

I don't think he is happy with you, but who cares? You got some wonderful poses out of him.

Lowell said...

These are superb photos, MB. I'm jealous. Never been that close to an eagle. I love the last one. Frame it and hang it and put it in a gallery - you'd win a plethora of awards for "Best Photo" of a bird!

holdingmoments said...

Great captures. I can only dream of getting this close to such a magnificent bird.

lizziviggi said...

Wow, he is a raggedy guy, isn't he? I wonder what he's been up to! Love that first shot.

Lady Di Tn said...

In the first photo, it looks like he is protesting your wish to photo him. I prefer the last one. Peace

Springman said...

Amazing! How you keep these guys from running on you I'll never know. Good to see an eagle, they've abandoned us around here about a months ago!

BirdingMaine said...

Wonderful captures of the Eagle!

VP said...

Wonderful bird! I hope one day I will be able to take pictures like these...

cieldequimper said...

Methinks you need to invite VP.

And you forgot Theme Day, eh? You must be... er... you know... :-)

I wish I had a better photo of an eagle than the one hovering over La Conner...

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful picture of the eagle, Mary Beth... I have SO enjoyed watching the baby eagles at Decorah, Iowa this year.

Hope your Mom is doing fine.
Hugs,
Betsy

NitWit1 said...

He doth protest too much!!! HA HA

jeanlivingsimple said...

OUTSTANDING Captures!!!

Sondra said...

OH its awesome--Perfect photos!!

George said...

I'm glad the eagle cooperated enough for you to get that great third picture. Even with a dirty face he looks very majestic

Rose said...

What great shots!!!! Those eyes look like they can see right through you.

don said...

He is a tough looking customer! :-) I think it's great that he was near the road which enabled to get close for these nice pictures. Well done.

Linda Reeder said...

Wow! Up close and personal!

Elaine said...

Fantastic shots!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic captures!