Experts in Construction of Steel and Aluminum Vessels Since 1964
they are the 3rd largest Civilian employer on Whidbey Island.
Currently they are building a 116ft catamaran Passenger Ferry and a 273ft. car Ferry for washington state.
They are in Freeland, at Holmes Harbor.




9 comments:
This is cool MB, I could spend hours around shipyards!
Boats are kinda like steaks. We all know what they are but usually don't think about where they came from or how they got here.
I'd love to see a boat/ship being built.
Obviously, these folks build a good one!
I personally would like to see a large boat like these being built. It would be fascinating to see how it's done and to watch the progress over time. Thanks for a great post.
As George said, it would be interesting to see those big ferry boats being made--step by step... WOW!!!!
We have a catamaran boat company near us--that does a great business since our area has lots of lakes---and each person who lives on the lake seems to have their own catamaran. ha
Hugs,
Betsy
How fascinating to see boats under construction. Here we see the finished products, not the building of them.
As to the Astoria Column, I'll have to go back in better light and get photos of the timeline. I really liked your choice of words.
Way cool!
I've seen large pleasure boats being built in wood, steel and fiberglass. That amazed me. But building a ferry and huge ships would be a really awesome sight.
I'm guessing you've been to the wooden boat place on Lake Union. Fun little boats.
I also like their signs.
Very nice post and captures MB!
MB You ARE family!!! Though maybe not always enjoyable it is interesting the phases we go through dealing with the sickness and/or death of a loved one. My house was clean, but for the last 7 months I could totally care less about decorating. I only painted my bedroom in August for something to do on my week off. Then suddenly two weeks go I went into this nesting phase! Just never know what to expect out of myself anymore! :)
I always enjoy a "visit" with you. It's probably about time to get my camera out again.
Watch your mail...probably about time for some snail mail too!
XXXOOO
Bonnie
With all the ferries in the waters near you it makes sense that someone there builds them...but I didn't think of that until I saw your post.
I remember not too long ago when they were about to go out of business. So glad they're back to boat buildin'
Post a Comment