MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Monday, July 13, 2009

Roadtrippin'--1st day

So--off I go on my road trip--hoping to end up in Ritzville Wa. to visit my daughter and family at her husband's family ranch and to enjoy a 4th of July party.
As you may or may not know the state of Washington is split north to south by the Cascade range of mountains. Western Wa. is know for been green and WET while Eastern Wa. is a bit on the dry side. Both sides very beautiful. I left home all by myself July 2nd. Adventure awaits.
Of course I had to stop at Snoqualmie Falls and wander around there. Photos 1-2 and 3
Next I stopped at Twin Falls and while it is called a park it is a trailhead into the park. I hiked around there for awhile but decided to save the hike to the falls when I had someone with me. Pics #4 and 5.
6. I am now over the pass and next stop is the town of Cle Elum. See ya then.






12 comments:

Lowell said...

Well, I'm glad that you're back. But I remain very jealous of the beautiful country wherein you live and travel and enjoy!

Those kinds of scenes just fill you up, don't they? I especially like that first waterfalls shot...

Will look forward the more photos!

Lois said...

What wonderful waterfall pictures! You are brave to go road tripping by yourself. I might try it sometime!

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh YAY! You're back after a stay with your daughter. So now we'll be treated to photos of the "other side" of Washington as well as of Stanwood and vicinity. I look forward to that. ;-)

The falls are fabulous. Who doesn't love waterfalls, right?

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh Mary Beth----that waterfall is amazing!!!!! WOW!!! Thanks for sharing it with us. I hope to see it SOMEDAY!!!!

It is better to hike with someone rather than by yourself. SO--you were smart not to hike alone... Looks like a gorgeous hike though...

Can't wait to see and hear MORE.
Hugs,
Betsy

Linda Reeder said...

I guess that water must be due to snow ment. We sure haven't had much of any rain here on the WET side lately.
Great pics.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Mary Beth, that is so beautiful! Those ferns are so big; they look almost tropical. Love the photos of the falls and the mountain! I, too, am looking forward to seeing more of your lovely photos!

Glad that you got to have such a great time visiting your daughter!

Jim Klenke said...

I like the ride so far, nice pics.

B SQUARED said...

Beautiful scenery!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Positively Undeniably GORGEOUS!!! Those mountains & the falls & the woods - WoW! Beautiful Beautiful photos!

Don and Krise said...

Wonderful! Glad you got a chance to get away for a few. We live in a magnificent state don't we? Can't wait to see more of your trip.

George said...

I got a late start on your trip, but I'm glad I joined. I really like Snoqualmie Falls and would like to visit it some day. Your final picture is absolutely gorgeous.

Flying Solo said...

Awesome!