I took all my grandkids over to whidbey Island to visit their Great-GrandMother. We went to Honeymoon Lake Community Club. Mother owns a small lot there. Besides having a small lake for fishing and all of Holmes Harbor to hunt for shells, play in the sand or to freeze your toes in salt water there is a swimming pool. So we had a picnic and a splashing party.
Firts picture is Great Grand Mother (93 yrs young)
Bradley age 9--spaceman
Mike (18)
Birthday boy Brett aged 11 (July 16) Everytime I took his picture all I saw was a splash or he was already underwater. I didn't get a pic of him.
Big splash Brett





The running jumping silly water babies. these pics are Kylee (15) and Mike (18)
Mike will be off to Eastern Washington U. this September
Sail boat on sparkling blue Holmes Harbor





14 comments:
Looks like they had a great time visiting.
You, and they, will look at these shots a thousand times in the years to come. And each will bring a smile!
Et bien voilà une grand-mère qui semble en pleine forme !
et les enfants semblent beaucoup s'amuser et profiter...
de belles photos
Ahhhh, to be young and have that much energy! It looks like a perfect day at Great-Grandma's place.
Looks like so much fun, MB. Your grands are all good-looking!!!! My oldest is 15 (16 in November).. They grow up too fast.
Your mother is amazing. She does not look 93.. I'm sure she enjoyed seeing the grands.
Hugs,
Betsy
Love the action shots of the grandkids! They look like such nice kids.
Your mother looks GREAT for 93! You must be tickled pink to have half her genes! ;-)
Incredibly beautiful place, MB! And great-grandmother looks might good; may she have many more years.
[We're to become great-grandparents in November! Yikes!]
These kids go through exactly the same routines that our grandkids do when they come to visit - they spend most of the time in the pool, jumping in and jumping out and chasing each other around...
Looks like all had fun! Family is so very important, no?
I'm leading a ride up to B'ham tomorrow for Hamster Run 4 rally. We're going via Whidbey. Tell your mom to stay off the street as there will be a gang of scooterists on the island -:)
What a wonderful day! Grandchildren are the best. Mine think I hung the moon, because I spoil them so much. I have 2 and they are both staying with me this weekend while their parents are out of town. Yay!
MB,
Really nice pictures. Your Mom reminds me so much Of my Aunt Glenda. Bet they could get into some serious trouble together!
Nancy Jo
I think Great Gramma and Gramma had just as much fun watching the kids have fun.
What a wonderful day! Your mother must have been very happy, and the kids had a lot of fun :)
What a nice family you have, MaryBeth! Hugs, Maria
Thank you for sharing these with us. It's easy to tell how much fun everyone was having, and I agree. Great Grandma looks great.
Great Grandma and my mom are the same age. Looks like they are taking their age well and staying young at heart if not body. My mom just got back from a month's visit up to Powell River including two one week stays up at our float cabin. She seems healthier up the lake than she does in town. For sure she is more active when she's there. And that's good for her. - Margy
Post a Comment