Do you suppose a zillion, trillion years from now new world explorers will come across these ancient (by then) petroglyphs and try to decipher what our culture was like. This cliff is on the beach on Camano Island right next to Stanwood.
Hi Mary Beth, I'll bet there will be some high-falutin' equipment in years to come --that can figure out what we were all about. Ya think????? I don't even know what we are all about... How can someone in the future determine????? ha ha
Your fairy is called Columbine Goblindancer She is a bringer of riches and wealth. She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows. She is only seen when the bees swarm and the crickets chirrup. She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.
16 comments:
I can't even figure out what our culture is about.
I guess that is how the real ones got there too. Somebody leaving a "Kilroy was here" signature.
Great shots! I'm sure these will drive a lot of scholars absolutely up the wall (if youi should excuse the expression)...
Heck, they drive me up the wall!
No telling what they will say about us!
LOL I am sure the interpetation will be up for grabs!!!!!!
As Shakespeare said "Much to do about Nothing>" Peace
And the search for intelligent life goes on. ;)
What a lovely beach!
Let's hope there will be someone left in a far future to study our signs...
Hi Mary Beth, I'll bet there will be some high-falutin' equipment in years to come --that can figure out what we were all about. Ya think????? I don't even know what we are all about... How can someone in the future determine????? ha ha
Cute post.
Hugs,
Betsy
We don't have to wait that long! I don't know what they mean. Great pictures as always.
Nancy Jo
Hum, let me see ... maybe some sort of "urban pre-historical" made that, no?
Great photo the first one is.
Undoubtedly. Curious the way we humans try to figure things out and ascribe meaning to symbols.
Maybe if I drove down there I could figure it out--- I think not.
Great pictures
I'm not sure even then scholars could figure what our culture was like. I guess the impulse to leave a message (symbol) is as old as humankind.
Too Funny. Very pretty pictur of the beach. Wish I was there.
WoW! That's definitely something to think about!
Great idea for a post. Certainly better than a bathroom door in a seedy old lounge!
Post a Comment