The evening sky has been amazing this past week. I love a glorious sunset. Now I have been told that the red sun is from the smoke in the sky caused by the forest fires in British Columbia. Beauty from tragedy. I hope the fires are under control. MB
If you would like to see skies from all over the world or would like to participate please go to www.skyley.blogspot.com
29 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Smoke sure can make a pretty sky. These are great shots.
You are very correct. Several years ago on a trip to eastern Washington the smoke from wild fires really did affect the sky and sunset. Great shots MB.
My daughter called me in the middle of a dinner meeting to go outside and see this sunset, and the next evening we were in the car and saw it together. Just amazing color. When I lived in California a run sun like this indicated fires somewhere.
You really captured the feel of it with these beautiful shots, MB. Hope you keep enjoying all your lovely surroundings up there. We are lucking out with this early summeriness.
My daughter's graduation ceremony Tuesday night was outdoors, and I was really thankful for gorgeous warm skies. -Kim
Your fairy is called Columbine Goblindancer She is a bringer of riches and wealth. She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows. She is only seen when the bees swarm and the crickets chirrup. She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.
29 comments:
Smoke sure can make a pretty sky. These are great shots.
You are very correct. Several years ago on a trip to eastern Washington the smoke from wild fires really did affect the sky and sunset. Great shots MB.
Gosh what a super picture. The sun looks like a vibrant gemstone.
great shot as always, Lee
Wow these are fantastic!
Have a great weekend
Guy
Regina In Pictures
Great shots, MB!
Your sky blushed (flushed ???) even more than mine did ;)
Have anice weekend!
Big bright light, lets home nobody ever turns it out.
Sorry about the fires, but it does make a beautiful sky for pictures.
Wonderful pics, MB. I heard the same about the fire in BC.
Great shots....
Wow, that's amazing, makes the sun look more like Jupiter!
I guess beauty can come from anything.
Simply amazing shots. The same sun appears so differently around the world but the horrible wild fires are part of nature, too...sadly.
Great photos...stunning color...beauty from ashes...I love your header shot...
wow1 amazing how'd you do the middle photo.so amazing!!!
I was always told there is a blessing in all things. Fires make beautiful sunsets. Peace
YOUR TODAY'S POST IS MAGNIFICENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a GREAT weekend, MB!!!!
Great colors!
Amazing glow in those pictures! They are beautiful.
My daughter called me in the middle of a dinner meeting to go outside and see this sunset, and the next evening we were in the car and saw it together. Just amazing color. When I lived in California a run sun like this indicated fires somewhere.
You really captured the feel of it with these beautiful shots, MB. Hope you keep enjoying all your lovely surroundings up there. We are lucking out with this early summeriness.
My daughter's graduation ceremony Tuesday night was outdoors, and I was really thankful for gorgeous warm skies.
-Kim
Red Hot and smokin' fiery skywatch.
Awesome shots.
MB: Wow, that is really a super hot Sun. Very nicely captured my friend. That is one to put in a frame.
Yowza! Super nice! Smoke gets in your eyes and in your skies!
Your photos of the sun are truly spectacular. I, too, hope the fires are out now.
Those are stunning shot, the sun is so beautiful. You are right, beauty from tragedy, hope the fire out soon. Thanks for sharing and take care..
Very nice, MC - You really outdid yourself w/ these!
Oh---I hate to hear about the fires in British Columbia. BUT--you got some great pictures (with a pink/red tint)...
Hope you have had a great day, Mary Beth.
Hugs,
Betsy
These sky shots are awesome, MB. The sky really does look red hot.
Absolutely beautiful shots, especially the second.
Post a Comment