MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Friday, June 5, 2009

Local hay

We have been having nice long stretches of real nice weather. Almost unusual this early for here. because of that, first cut haying is going on in the valley.





16 comments:

tapirgal said...

I'll bet the fields smell good, too!

Reader Wil said...

Lovely scenery! It looks so peaceful! I hope the weather will stay that fine!
Have a great weekend!

cieldequimper said...

It is a little early! I love these timeless shots! Have a great weekend!

Lowell said...

Boy, that brings back memories...I worked on a baler back in the good old days when I was young...tough job with a lot of dust and hay up your nose, in your ears, down your throat, through your hair, etc.

Very nice photographs! Thanks!

chrome3d said...

Now that is really early. Good for you!

B SQUARED said...

Always loved the scent of fresh cut hay.

Janice Thomson said...

Brings back memories for me too - nothing like the smell of fresh baled hay.

Lee Spangler said...

"Hay there" Thanks for sharing all the hay pictures. It feels like all is well out on the farm.
Thanks again for supporting me and my site. fondly, Lee

Don and Krise said...

I love seeing the bales out in the fields, the smell, everything. Have a great weekend!

Leeds daily photo said...

This takes me back to my childhood, I used to work the baler on a mates family farm.
Everyone here now produces the big round type bales.

Rose said...

I have been wishing I could get some pictures of baling hay...would love to even smell it. The smell so takes me back to childhood!

Linda Reeder said...

The smell takes me back to my childhood, too. My first experience at driving was driving the tractor in the hay field, picking up bales to take to the barn.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

A couple of years ago, Tennessee had a horrible drought. The horses were dying --and there was no hay to be found. The farmers finally went to other states to buy hay for their animals. Hope we don't have a drought like that anytime soon.

Have a great Sunday, Mary Beth.
Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

Seeing those bales of hay brought back many memories of growing up on a farm. Now most of the farmers around here put their hay in rolls rather than bales.

Lady Di Tn said...

MB
This reminds me of the farms we passed in Moore County going to and from Lynchburg. I guess this hay is for horses if ya'll do like we in TN. Most of the hay fed to horses is baled and the hay fed to cattle is rolled. Peace

Frankie / Nick said...

Whoa, that is early, from one extreme to another. Clearly remember those good old days when I was a kid on the prairies, did my fair share of pitching those guys around, lol.