1. April 23rd---look at these cute fuzzy babies
2. May 4th---still babies
3. May24th--they lose one parent but they still survive and grow
4. May 28th---look at them now. Uncle Bill shows up.
5. June 5th---They'll be gone soon. Look they are getting their grown up feathers and their markings.





17 comments:
What a nice story, MB! Your pond babies are so cute! It's great to watch them grow up! But why did they lose their dad?
Happy Sunday!
It's amazing how fast they grow up. Great series of pictures, MB!
Hi Mary Beth, Do they come back and nest again---or is once all that they do????
Love the pictures of them--showing how much they grow --and so quickly.
Have a great Sunday.
Hugs,
Betsy
So cute! Amazing how much they have grown in a month and a half!
No, poppies are wonderful! ;)
How sweet your geese are! I'm sure they'll come back next year!
I've watched mallards and their babies for years. It always saddens me to see the numbers dwindling as predators snatch the babies. But everybody's got a place in the chain, I guess.
Thank you for the nice photos and timeline of the honkers.
From fuzzies to feathered beauties. Nice to see the young ones made it, The Mother probably gave her life so they could grow up under their Fathers care. Uncle Bill huh????Peace
Darn kids just grow up too fast. One minute they're a furry little ball, and the next minute they want to swim off on their own!
Sheesh!
Cute photos!
This is a wonderful series of pics.
As Grandma would say "My, how you've grown!
Great series.
I see - but your babies are a little older than mine are.
Terrific shots!
How great that you put together a time line! When we used to live on a pond, I loved watching the Canada Geese grow up in our backyard. Thanks for sharing yours with us!
precious & adorable pond babies!
Did another parent adopt the babies, MaryBeth? I note another adult in the later photos...either way, it's a lovely photo documentary of their little lives. Bet they'll be back next year with their own babes. Way to go, "Gram" :)
What a nice series of photos...I had missed them.
They grow up so FAST!
Post a Comment