MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Monday, September 5, 2016

Labor Day Weekend & Mosaic Monday

Today is Monday Labor Day in the U.S.  We have picked our Pears and are ready to start canning---well we still have about 40 pounds more to pick but here are the ones we picked.
 200 Pears about 60lbs
 Apples are almost ready to pick too.  Anybody want any?  come and get'em.
Linking to MOSIAC MONDAY~~~HERE

 Just trying to inject a bit of humor on a gray cloudy day.

14 comments:

Lowell said...

You are so funny! Can't imagine all the work involved in canning those pears. I got canned once. 'Nuff said. That last shot is priceless! I'll be you had a blast at the rodeo!

TexWisGirl said...

yes to the apples!

(yes to labs!)

Maggie said...

It can be Labrador Weekend too if you want it to be! Love your apple mosaic, good luck canning all those pears.
Happy Mosaic Monday.

Bill said...

Pears are my favorite fruit followed very closely by apples. I have one or the other everyday in my porridge.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I would love the pears and apples. YUM! Looks like a great harvest. I love labradors. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

Lorrie said...

What a bounty of pears. I'd love some. We have lots of apples, so I've been canning applesauce, making apple cake, and will bake some apple muffins later. Good luck with the canning - at least the weather is a bit cooler for you. Happy Monday!

ellen b said...

Hi Mary Beth! And I thought I had lots of pears. Ours ripened earlier. Lovely apple mosaic! I tried to give away our fruit and shared many apples and pears with crows and wild bunnies. :)

Tom said...

Wow, that's a lot of canning!

Michelle said...

No doubt those canned pears will be delicious!

Linda said...

Every weekend is Labrador weekend!

Linda Reeder said...

What beautiful looking fruit. I wish I could stop by for some apples.

William Kendall said...

Labrador Weekend's more fun!

That's a lot of fruit!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow---I'd love some apples (and some pears) please... Wish I lived close by... I'd definitely get some... YUM.....

We eat Honey Crisp Apples and this year they are just too darn expensive...

Hugs,
Betsy

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh lovely apples - and pears. We need to get some apples for the freezer - and I love to make apple butter in the crock pot. I am going to give it away as gifts this year - as I love to make it so much that I never can eat it fast enough to be able to make more the next year.