MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Friday, September 30, 2016

Abandoned------- CDP Theme day October 1st

I pass this place almost every time I go into town.  I have watched it fall into disrepair more and more.  I think that at one time it was someones happy home.  Children played out in the yard, a happy housewife hung new curtains.  Maybe a horse or cow was out in the pasture,  A strong young man cut wood for the fireplace-----------could have been.....................................
 Linked to CDP THEME DAY~~~~~ABANDONED~~~HERE

14 comments:

BarbRad said...

I like the way you imagined what might have been. I pass a place like that on my way to town, too. No one seems to know the story behind it.

Tom said...

A real "fixer upper."

wilf said...

Mysterious....fascinating...:)

Kate said...

It looks like the embrace of nature will soon cause its complete disappearance! Excellent choice for the theme.

TexWisGirl said...

nature takes it back.

Lowell said...

A wonderful theme day shot! I, too, wonder about places like this and what happened to the people...

Michelle said...

I have similar thoughts about old houses, when I see them. This is a good shot.

SRQ said...

My favorite post so far for this theme day -- excellent find! When I see an abandoned house like this, I also wonder what it looked like in its original form.

Bill said...

Nice theme day post. Nature is now taking over.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I, too, like to imagine what has gone on all those years ago - when this was someone's brand new house - what plans they must have had - what joy they shared - and now it is all just a memory somewhere.

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

You could use the image to create a whole book. - Margy

Linda said...

It looks so forlorn!

Babzy.B said...

excellent illustration of the theme :)

William Kendall said...

It seems desolate.