Obviously, MB, it behooves me to respond to your comment on Stone Creek. You mentioned very cold temps in your neck of the woods and lots of rain over the Thanksgiving week.
In Ocala, we are looking at the mid-80s for all of Thanksgiving week with lows in the mid-50s. No rain in sight. Bright sunny days and cool nights. Low humidity. We can open our doors and windows and breathe wonderful fresh air.
Now in south Florida (where we are headed) it will be a little warmer probably, but I don't know of any rain in the forecast, so I'm planning to play golf with a 93-year old friend (female) of mine, along with my grandson, on Wednesday. Oh, wait, I think she's 94 now.
Just thought you'd like to know! Heh, heh!
But I'll bet because of other circumstances in which you find yourself, you will have a very happy, happy Thanksgiving no matter whether the weather provides a plethora of frost or rainy drops! I'm sure it will be warm and toasty wherever you find yourself!
Mom has a Northern Flicker that comes to her bird feeder to eat the suet and seeds. They are beautiful birds, I guess, as long as they aren't eating all your apples. - Margy
Your fairy is called Columbine Goblindancer She is a bringer of riches and wealth. She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows. She is only seen when the bees swarm and the crickets chirrup. She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.
10 comments:
And how do you know it's a male Northern Flicker? Are there any Southern Flickers?
Can't believe all that frost. Brrrr... Does it ruin the apples? They sure look good!
Awesome captures of the frost.
Next will come birds to get drunk on the soon to be fermenting apples.
Beautiful picture of both the Flicker and the frost on the apples. Looks really cold! It seems early for that much cold.
Yikes! Even out there.
Obviously, MB, it behooves me to respond to your comment on Stone Creek. You mentioned very cold temps in your neck of the woods and lots of rain over the Thanksgiving week.
In Ocala, we are looking at the mid-80s for all of Thanksgiving week with lows in the mid-50s. No rain in sight. Bright sunny days and cool nights. Low humidity. We can open our doors and windows and breathe wonderful fresh air.
Now in south Florida (where we are headed) it will be a little warmer probably, but I don't know of any rain in the forecast, so I'm planning to play golf with a 93-year old friend (female) of mine, along with my grandson, on Wednesday. Oh, wait, I think she's 94 now.
Just thought you'd like to know! Heh, heh!
But I'll bet because of other circumstances in which you find yourself, you will have a very happy, happy Thanksgiving no matter whether the weather provides a plethora of frost or rainy drops! I'm sure it will be warm and toasty wherever you find yourself!
Have fun!
Mom has a Northern Flicker that comes to her bird feeder to eat the suet and seeds. They are beautiful birds, I guess, as long as they aren't eating all your apples. - Margy
i love that you caught the bird in the naked apple tree, along with the baubles left over from a season of summer.
What a great closeup shot! I love the frost on the apples. It's good that something or someone will still get to enjoy the apples.
Frosty it is! I wonder if the birds think the apples taste better now they have frozen.
You are post ing some delightful barns and this flicker with the frosted apples a real joy!
Post a Comment