MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Friday, May 6, 2011

Sam Hill and Maryhill Museum

Maryhill Museum on the Columbia River in Washington State
 Looking from the Museum at Washington landscape.
 Looking across the Columbia at Oregon
 Come drink a large cup of wine with me.  This small stretch of highway has many well known vineyards and winerys.  Not quite ripe yet.
To read about Sam Hill and his mansion/museum  go to:

13 comments:

cieldequimper said...

You're just trying to make me homesick, right?! :-)

That's a rather impressive house, stately almost, did you visit it?

NitWit1 said...

A very stately mansion for a museum. Must have been an important person, or maybe it became available for various reasons, to become a museum.

Washington certainly has a nice variety of produce --wine and apples--many variety of apples, too!

Jim Klenke said...

You finally show us your house. Do you use a push mower or tractor?

Lynette said...

One of these days I am getting a Zipcar and making the drive to see all of this beauty. Minus the wine, though. It makes me loopy way too quick.

Lowell said...

I was going to say "What the sam hill is this place?!!!"

But now I won't.

Looks a little like a prison. I guess you've got to be there. Quite a site and a vista!

P.S. I knew you didn't use a tripod, but I had to pull your chain a little! And you don't know what those funny little letters mean? Sheesh!

Well, have a great weekend anyway, and a Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

I'll be right there but you can supersize mine!

don said...

A fine series of this great place to stop for a break.
I haven't been there in a number of years. The wind turbines are becoming so common these days. I'm always amazed how big they are and how tiny they look.

Lois said...

It's a beautiful and stately house for sure! I would love to see inside.

VP said...

I could have expected the views and the bridges but not the vineyards!

Elaine said...

Interesting place. I followed your link and read about Maryhill. It looks nice for a museum, but rather forbidding for a house. Maybe after it got built Mr. Hill came to his senses.....

Gaelyn said...

Very much enjoyed the paintings and sculptures at the museum. Plus the view is awesome. Yet I don't remember so many wind turbines and it's the perfect place for them.

EG CameraGirl said...

That concrete wine glass looks kinda big for me. I'll have my cuppa wine in a tad smaller one, please.

Magpie said...

Is this the Sam Hill of "Where in the Sam Hill are we?" fame?
Tracy and I just did a wine tasting at a little local place. I found one I like!! I feel so grownup.