MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Monday, May 16, 2011

Little bummers

I wanted to do a collage for Mosaic Monday but all the pictures I had in Picasa in my 2010--2011 folder are gone and Picasa is where I know how to do a collage.  The pics are in my computer so I do have them.  anyway...........
These little bummer calves have lost their Mama's so have to be handfed.  they are just the cutest babies.  they are in the red barn by the house.  They love their bottles.
 Yummers!!!
 My daughter and hubby , they do this twice a day and only a prescribed amount.  If the calves get too much milk they will get sick.

 Hey I want some more----NOW!!!  See how stern I can look.  Mooooo!!

18 comments:

brattcat said...

awwwww.

Lowell said...

So many babies to take care of! Twice a day?

Must have a good spring for calves...the Circle Square Ranch next to Stone Creek is overrun with little ones!

Lovely photos, MB!

Lady Di Tn said...

Baby animals are so cute. When we had cows, I loved to watch the babies grow. I never fed a bottle to a calf but have seen it done and they are special little animals. I was in a thrift store about a year ago and this lady saw a calf bottle and thought it was a gag gift and I explained what it was and she was rather indignant and said "How was she suppose to know?" Like the ranch photos especially the last one. Glad you are home safe and relaxed. Peace

George said...

These are wonderful pictures of the calves getting their meal. I think the calf in the last picture is wondering why you have a camera in hand instead of a bottle for him.

Unknown said...

Love the close-ups of the cute little creature!

NitWit1 said...

WOW that is about nearly as time-consuming as human babies!

cieldequimper said...

Groan. I've got veal in the fridge. How do you expect me to eat it now, huh? What a bunch of sweeties!

VP said...

I agree with ciel and I am glad to have pasta for dinner! Lovely creatures...

EG CameraGirl said...

They are so sweet looking when they are babies. Your daughter and her husband must be busy with these guys!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Mary Beth, Oh how sweet.... They are just so cute, and look like they LOVE their bottles... The last picture is so precious... He is saying: "I want more milk."

Hugs,
Betsy

Lois said...

They are just so cute! I love that look in the last picture.

Birdman said...

Whatca lookin' at? So I drool a bit. What's ya problem?

Anonymous said...

Cute! And they drool just like real babies.

Magpie said...

Looks like they could use some bibs. I love when they "butt" the bottle.

lizziviggi said...

Hey, Brattcat stole my line! I'm going to say it anyway... awwwwww!

Elaine said...

Great series of shots! I especially like the first closeup.

ruralrevivalfarm said...

Beautiful photos of some most adorable babies!!

Rose said...

Oh my....we passed someone giving a calf a bottle the other day and I told Roger he should have stopped and I would have asked if I could do it...it has been over 30 years since I gave a calf a bottle!