MY OTHER BLOG--TAKE A CHANCE

Friday, May 20, 2011

Bits and pieces of downtown Seattle

I was in Seattle for a few days this week.  I wandered around taking pictures of  older buildings and such.
I love this archway going into an alley between two buildings.

 Ironwork and a windowbox.
 A hole way up high
 Bicycle parking I imagine

Another windowbox and ironwork.

15 comments:

Lowell said...

I can see you had a great time with your new camera! It does a super job, right? I love that archway, too, and the final window shot as well!

Hope your friend is doing good!

By the way, I was not playing golf at Glenview in The Villages...you have to be a resident, first of all, and secondly, it's too expensive!

Anonymous said...

Cool shots, MB, especially the top pic... I love the dark brick w/ the white, & the arch, of course! =)

I wouldn't like the big city, one bit... I'm not as tough as a country girl should be (like my mom) but I sure ain't city-fied, either... LoL! =)

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to go there. Now I want to go there more!

Lois said...

Very pretty pictures! My favorite is that blue window box.

Lady Di Tn said...

I will have to say the second photo was my favorite. It speaks to me to get out those year old paints and get busy. Peace and glad to see you back home. Have a wonderful weekend.

George said...

I like these pictures from Seattle. You've found beauty in a large city. While the arch is really neat, I like the bicycle parking pole.

Birdman said...

Cool color blue box. It really grabs the eye.

VP said...

Interesting brickwork of various colors and some funny use of good ironwork!

Russell said...

Okay! More and more of Seattle! That's a place I have never been and have on my list of places to see!

So any and all pictures will be most welcome!

Regarding movies .... if you want to see a FUN movie, watch Toy Story 3 (you probably have already). That is great. I watched it this past week for the first time and may buy it. I own about 4 movies - heh!

Despicable Me is very, very good, too!

cieldequimper said...

I want a new camera too. :-))

I hope your friend is okay and that everything went well.

TGIF here, it was a hard week at work. And now it's Saturday minus 1 minute, I'm off to bed!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great pictures, Mary Beth. I have always heard that Seattle is a gorgeous city... Love your pictures. Thanks!
Hugs,
Betsy

don said...

A fine, varied series showing us these interesting places and things. You've collected some excellent elements to post. Well done.

EG CameraGirl said...

I haven't been to Seattle in many, many years. Your photos make it seem very appealing.

I hope your friend is well! You were such a great friend to go to Seattle as company!

Magpie said...

I love them all, but the second one is my favorite. It holds a promise of a secret garden. Lovely.

Rose said...

Love these bits and pieces of Seattle!